Are you looking for a way to surprise your wife or girlfriend this coming Christmas Day? Would you like to bring a smile to her face, and show how much you care? Xmas is the perfect way to show the woman you love a bit of romance and understanding, and there are a number of ways to express your feelings. This year why not change the habit of a lifetime and plan? We’ll give you a bit of help with the following Xmas gift ideas for her.
Bring the Twelve Days of Christmas Bang up to Date
We always thought that the whole idea of spending all your effort and time on getting everything perfect for this one day of the year, means when Boxing Day comes round you feel a little deflated. One great way to make the Christmas festivities last much longer is to take some advice from a popular Xmas tune. While 5 gold rings, 10 lords a leaping, 9 ladies dancing and a partridge in a pear tree, might not be quite the kind of gifts your lady is looking forward to, you could put your own slant on the whole idea.
- For the first day of Christmas – an item of jewellery. Diamonds, pearls, gold, silver or platinum, or even a brightly coloured bangle.
- For the second day of Christmas – two mugs of steaming hot tea, or better still two glasses of bubbly champagne to toast each other’s happiness. If the vessels you’ll be using aren’t already engraved, get the etching paste or pens out, and add your own sentimental message for Xmas.
- For the third day of Christmas – three perfectly cooked meals, starting with breakfast, moving onto lunch, and ending the day with a romantic dinner. Do the cooking yourself, get in some ready baked goods, or take her out to enjoy the fare that someone else has cooked.
- For the fourth day of Christmas – take to your four wheels and get out for the day. It could be Christmas shopping, a trip to the cinema, day at the beach, or just out for a walk.
- For the fifth day of Christmas – 5 gold rings really isn’t the sort of Xmas gift ideas for her you need to be worried about taking on board. Even if she loves wearing gold rings, it’s unlikely she’ll want to receive 5 all at once. How about sending her an Instagram message with a picture of your hand? And tell her that you can’t wait till later, when she’ll be able to hold the real thing. All her mates in the office will wonder what she’s swooning over, and when they see what you sent her, they’ll be wishing you were their man too.
- For the sixth day of Christmas – half a dozen red roses. Now the build up to Christmas is getting into full swing. And if you’d like to make this surprise last longer than a brief moment, give them to her one at a time.
- For the seventh day of Christmas – give her 7 homemade cupcakes. One for each day, each with their own special message.
- For the eighth day of Christmas – buy a box of 8 coloured chalks and spend the day decorating the walls, with your own sentimental messages. Don’t worry about cleaning the walls afterwards, it’ll be easy to brush off.
- For the ninth day of Christmas – cats have 9 lives, so why not buy her a kitten for Christmas? Or if you’re unsure about the whole “pets are for life, not just for Christmas” dilemma, 9 cuddly toys might go down quite well. And if she’s not into cats, there’s always puppies, cows, rabbits, chickens, ducks. Need we go on?
- For the tenth day of Christmas – think of something you can do for 10 minutes. Massage her feet, shoulders, hands or neck. You should even be able to manage to do the washing up in 10 minutes, if that’s all you can think of.
- For the eleventh day of Christmas – does she have a favourite tipple? How about 11 bottles of her favourite beer, or 11 bottles of red or white wine?
- For the final and twelfth day of Christmas – this is the day for the gift to surpass all gifts so far. A dozen red roses might be appropriate, but there is a way you can go one further. Twelve red roses will eventually fade, but nothing speaks of love more than the gift of a rose, so what are your options? The Eternity Rose have some timeless and everlasting alternatives in the form of a gold, silver or platinum dipped rose. Your beloved will be able to treasure the beauty of a natural rose for far longer than just a few days. This gift will even last long enough to be handed down through future generations.
The Actual Lyrics for Twelve Days of Christmas
Wondering how that actual words go for this traditional tune? Think you might be able to fulfill all the requirements? Read on, and you’ll realise our ideas are far more realistic.
On the twelfth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
12 Drummers Drumming
Eleven Pipers Piping
Ten Lords a Leaping
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
Need a bit more Inspiration for Great Xmas Gift Ideas for Her?
- iPad, iPhone or iPod
- Digital camera
- Curling tongs
- Latest beauty products
Gifts for the Home:
Give her a Book
- Cookery book written by her favourite famous chef
- Autobiography of a celebrity she respects
- Soppy novel
- Spy thriller
Christmas Gift Ideas for Her Should Should Definitely Avoid
Don’t, and we really mean don’t, buy her a home appliance this Christmas. Vacuums, dishwashers, fridges and cookers are gifts best left for all those other days of the year. And that doesn’t mean you should give them to her for a birthday, anniversary or Valentine’s Day gift either.